UFO's

Awhile back, I wrote about UnFinished Object’s. And this last weekend, I spent a very productive Sunday FINISHING some of those UFO’s! Super proud of me! This story actually starts last Friday. I looked at the catastrophe that was my sewing area and determined organization was the order of the day. I am appallingly bad at before photos, but did catch this gem mid-organization

Still a wreck

Still a wreck

This picture was taken after I had rearranged the furniture so that I can actually reach and USE the bulk of my 6 foot by 3 foot cut table. With drawers on all four sides. So I put the things I rarely need/use on the side closest to the wall and moved ALL the UFOs to a drawer I can reach. And use. So that my shame becomes harder to ignore.

Friday, I rearranged furniture. Saturday, I organized ALL THE THINGS. Like literally, EVERYTHING in this table was removed, sorted, organized, and placed in a new location based on my now access to one full side of the table that had previously been inaccessible in a cramped corner of my sewing area.

Then Sunday, I sewed. A lot. The first thing I finished was the blue pants. The only thing left to do on this was the casing for waist and ankle elastics, so not TOO challenging, but still! I finished something!

UFO 1 Done!

UFO 1 Done!

Next up was the red pants. These I had cut out at the same time as the blue pictured above, then put on my to do pile. Where they sat for the last eight weeks. Otherwise untouched, other than the fact they had been cut out. So I put them together. Including decorative stitching along the cuff, three hours in to my Sunday, and project 2 was done.

UFO 2 in the bag!

UFO 2 in the bag!

Next up, shorts. ALSO something cut out about five weeks ago. Note the time line…red were cut out eight weeks ago, and rather than finish those, I cut out ANOTHER project for the UFO pile. Also note: This is not an efficient method for finishing projects. The shorts were considerable more labor intensive, taking about five hours to complete, not including the embroidery on the back pockets, which were done at the time I cut the shorts out. But five hours of sewing, including top stitching, and the shorts were done!

UFO 3…NAILED IT!

UFO 3…NAILED IT!

Spent one hour working on finishing my very first bralette, before realizing that if I wanted to keep the long line form, I needed wider hook and eye closer, which I promptly ordered from Amazon, before calling it a night on my very productive UFO day. With three completed and one now at 95% done, I call that a win against the pile.